Lake House Names

 I woke up early today thinking about our Lake House project.  It's been in the works for a couple of years and it's slowly coming together.

View from a home at Grand Lake I recently toured.

I have plans and pictures from magazines in a three-ring binder. I have a Pinterest Board for the Steed Lake House and recently, I got the go-ahead from my husband!

Today I decided to give it a good name! Every memorable place I have stayed has a memorable name. 

Since we bought the property from my husband Roman's mother, Phyllis, we usually refer to it as Mom's House. We could build off of that and make it homey and comfortable. I do plan to have a big open kitchen/family room/fireplace area with lots of windows and a casual dining area. 

There's no need for formal dining because in a lake house there needs to be plenty of space for card games, puzzles, drawing and coloring. It also needs to be inviting enough to sit at and have conversations around. A place to put birthday cakes and sing happy birthday around.  A place for a big family Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.

There also needs to be a screened-in porch. A place where you can sit and listen to water rippling on the shore and owls talking to each other from different trees at night without getting eaten up by mosquitoes.

A porch where you can sit in the morning and have coffee and listen to the lake wake up as fishing boat engines roar past the cove. A place where you can sit and smell the outdoors at the lake. It's a fresh scent all it's own. A mixture of lake water, fish, mud, and rocks. 

A place where it is so quiet you can hear when one of the turtles slides into the lake after resting with the others on a big floating log.

I wonder what we should name this peaceful place?

Peggy's Peaceful Place?

Mom's Lake Cabin?

Owl Tree Cove Resort?

Turtle Log Float Retreat?

I think I will make some coffee now and ponder this name some more before I start my day. Oh, what about the Coffee Cup Pondering Porch? 

What do you think?

Happy ponderings!

Peggy




Comments

  1. Something in reference to the owls would be cool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marcie and Bracklen - an inspiration and proof that most people are good!

Gray Hairs & Love

Coffee Houses add value to the community