Lake Communities offer the best of both worlds. You can work all day, then be on the lake by 5:30 pm or sooner if you put a “Gone Fishing” sign up.
Take the kids fishing or just down to the water to play on a hot day, or just sit under a tree and watch the wildlife. Lake-life has so much to offer those who take advantage of it.
Signs of a Lake Community, a bass boat and truck parked at Harp's in Grove.  
Owning a lake front property can be out of reach for some, or others might not want the upkeep of the shoreline.  If you’ve ever thought you wanted a lake home and couldn’t afford it, I can tell you it’s possible. I consider all the homes in my community lake homes because we are surrounded by the lake. To get into my small town of Grove you will most likely go over one of three bridges. We are surrounded by water.
We can hear the bass boats take off in the mornings and the speed boats racing from our house.  If I want to see the water, I just need to walk or drive less than a mile in any direction. There’s two sporting goods stores, several boat dealers, places to store your boats, Sonic now has a spots that fit a truck and boat, as does Harp’s and Walmart.

You can tell we live in a lake community just by driving around my neighborhood. We have a boat and paddleboards on the side yard, as does my next-door neighbor and many other neighbors. The neighbors across the street have Kayaks and around the corner another neighbor has several jet skis or wave runners on the trailer ready to hook-up and ready to go.

Our little boat and daughter's paddle boards on the side-yard.
Grove also has many public boat ramps. Some off the beaten path that only the locals know about and others such as Wolf Creek Park where there’s six ramps to launch from and plenty of dock space to load the boat.  We run into people we know almost every time we launch our boat, which is sometimes quite embarrassing if they watch our show of boat launching skills.
That saying about knowing you belong together happens after you try to launch a boat together is absolutely true! Trust me if you haven’t already figured that out for yourself.
And that’s just Grove. There’s so many other great parts of the lake. Possibilities are endless really.  I know I sound like a spoke’s person for the lake but I do absolutely love it here and honestly I don’t know anyone that doesn’t.
The job market is growing somewhat here, but especially in Bentonville/Rogers, Arkansas (45 mins away) and Joplin (a little closer).  Bentonville/Rogers is exploding! I’ve had many inquiries from people who want to live here at the lake and work in Bentonville. It’s not a bad drive, actually it’s beautiful.
I love that when I go to the dry cleaners I see trucks towing boats into town on a Wednesday! Spring is just around the corner and I can feel the excitement.  I think it’s going to be a great year for our little world at the lake. I can’t wait to grab the family and get on the boat!
There’s nothing more peaceful for me than being on the water. Watching it move, listening to the sounds and hanging out with family and friends. I can even work from my boat. How could life be any better?
Wishing you this kind of happiness,
Peggy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcie and Bracklen - an inspiration and proof that most people are good!

Gray Hairs & Love

What do you want for Grove?