ADIOS BUGS, HELLO FALL!

ADIOS BUGS, HELLO FALL!
I believe I can see the colors changing on the redbud tree as I stare out the front window in my office/dining room/ library/study & multipurpose room. The place where I do most of my work.
I know in the Spring you can look out the window here and watch the grass get greener and greener as it rains. Today, the day before Autumn I can see the leaves on the tree turning yellow.
Many days this summer when I was hot and bug-eaten from showing houses or working in the yard, I would decide I was done with this place! Done! I thought it was time to pack up and move back to the coast where the weather is always perfect and bugs hardly exist. Even getting off the boat I was slapping mosquitos off!
Seriously, why does a seed tick even exist? Or any tick for that matter? And mosquitos? How do they contribute to the world? Well adios, bugs and hello Fall!
 As far as real estate goes, this was a busy year for me, though quite different from last year (my best yet). This summer I probably showed about the same amount of houses to about the same amount of buyers, but the difference this year is buyers are not only educated in what they want in their home, but they are also very picky. The inventory just isn’t there for many of them. And trust me, they are watching. Most of the potential buyers I have worked with religiously watch for changes on LakeHomes.com and have accounts with Zillow and/or Realtor.com. They follow our lake happenings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
And they all tell me they
aren’t in a hurry to buy. They can wait for the perfect place. Dear Sellers, if you place hasn’t sold yet, maybe it’s time to look at it again and make it a perfect place. I think it’s especially true for second homes. Buyers don’t want a project. They want a lake home to immediately start making memories at.
I know sellers, you can see the potential, but the buyers see work. If you can afford it, I encourage you to do all you can to stage and perfect your lake home and now is a great time to do it. Temperatures are comfortable and potential buyers are still looking even though “the season” has ended.
That’s my take on Summer 2018. I am very excited to see what this Fall brings and I am excited to watch the weather change which, I know, you can’t do at the coast. I’ll bundle up and wear sweaters and boots to show property in. I’ll drink lots of hot tea and coffee and sit by the fireplace and be thankful the bugs are gone while I watch football!
Happy Fall Y'all
Peggy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcie and Bracklen - an inspiration and proof that most people are good!

Gray Hairs & Love

What do you want for Grove?