Beauty through photographer’s eyes

Beauty through a photographer's eyes
Peggy Kiefer-Steed

We certainly do not lack beauty here in the foothills of the Ozarks. The lake provides colors and reflections. Like a mirror, the water captures the amazing colors of the sunsets and storms.
Wildlife is so abundant that seldom a day goes by without seeing a turtle or a fox. Cows and horses of course, and birds with such vibrant reds and blues.
For someone that grew up in the city, I can’t help but be in awe of it all.
And fortunately, there are many professional and amateur photographers at Grand Lake willing and techno-savvy enough to share their photos on Facebook and Instagram.
With their permission, I am sharing some of these stories with you.

Image may contain: outdoor
Photo thanks to RC Livesay

RC Livesay has been giving us updates on an eaglet. Recently he tells the story of the now teenage bird and his encounters with her. Thanks to his patience and diligence, he was able to capture her. I love this story and I believe that the eaglet has an attachment to him. Why would that be so extraordinary? She did see him every day while she grew and matured. 

Here is RC’s Story             https://www.facebook.com/RCLivesay/posts/1032279850304974

I also love watching life at the lake through Dave Wagenblatt's photos. Dave also has a series called Good Morning, Coffee's On. You will find it on his facebook page most mornings (not all). He highlights the view, nature, storms and cloud formations. You name it.

Image may contain: tree, night, sky, outdoor, nature and water
Good Morning Coffee's On by Dave Wagenblatt.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor, water and nature
Dave Wagenblatt Photography

Heather Fink has the ability to see nature through unfiltered glasses.  She and many, many others see the beauty that surrounds us. I see the beauty in the photo she took below of the violence of the water. It's humbling. 


Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, ocean, water, sky, outdoor and nature
Heather Fink Photography
 There is so much beauty here.  Every time I look outside I see beauty. Sometimes it's a new leave on the tree that has a different color pigment. Sometimes it the pretty robins that made a nest on my porch. Or the many God created colors in the sky as a storm rolls in, 

I was partly born with the skill to see beauty, but I think it's also a learned behavior. I have always had the ability to sit peacefully and see beauty everywhere.  My parents have always made sure we had plenty of outdoor time and I see the same in my kids and their kids (my grandchildren). 

I tell you this because I think we all have this inside us. Some of us just haven't had the opportunity to practice finding beauty.

A photo I took the other day with my iPhone. I could not believe how beautiful the turquoise water was.

And amateur photographers are able to take clear, action photos and sunsets, happenings and full moon reflections off the lake like never before, thanks to our new cell phone technology.

So I encourage you to go outside. Smell the roses. Find animals and hearts in the cotton ball clouds above us. Whatever calls you to aim your eyes in that direction. Don't ignore it t. Move towards it and take a picture of it!

Happy beauty hunting!
Peggy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcie and Bracklen - an inspiration and proof that most people are good!

Gray Hairs & Love

What do you want for Grove?