Looking toward 2020 with gratitude for 2019





I spent a lot of time in 2019 with my face in books or on the internet. Reflecting back on the year I feel fortunate for all that I learned.

I figured out how to be a neater person by focusing on loving what I have. Taking care of what we have makes us more grateful. 

Live the life you have now. Be in the present. Love what’s around you. The wants and wishes will fall into place when it’s time.

It’s true. I’ve had clients back out of purchasing homes and others that fought hard to get a home. Everyone has a different situation and like the song says, Sometimes you cant get what you want, you get what you need.

If it’s meant to be, it will happen.

I think it’s because by loving what we have we stop worrying about what we don’t have and appreciate what we do have more.

For example, if I clean the slobber off the sliding door, I shake my head at the grossness but still love our dog, Buddy. I then notice the birds in the cypress trees chasing each other and playing. Yes, I go squirrel.

By loving my house (taking care of it) I am able to slow down and enjoy what’s happening in that moment instead of always rushing to the next client, meeting or task.
This works for a house you own or a home/apartment/condo you rent.
I know, your home has problems (every building does) but it has also given you many blessings.
Focus on those blessings and love the house while it is yours.

Loving a house gives you endless possibilities for gratitude. Gratitude is a huge topic in all the books I read in 2019. Being gracious has brought me so much joy. I can tell you from experience this really works!
Live in the present.

What I have learned to do is give thanks immediately. This might sound crazy, but it helps me. If I hear the wind blowing and the sirens going off and I am huddled in my bathroom, I touch the walls and thank them for protecting me.
If it’s cold outside and the heater kicks on I tell the heater thank you for keeping us warm. 
If I’ve been out in the cold showing houses I jump into my car with heated seats and stirring wheel and thank the car for warming me up and taking me home.
It’s really that simple to change your mindset from one that sees what you lack, to one that appreciates what you have.
This mindset change has created another dilemma for me. Now that I am full of love and gratitude, I am having a hard time accepting that I am so blessed. Why do I get to be happy while others are so down?
That’s why I am writing this and hoping it helps others realize they too can have everything they need when they start loving what they have.
There’s a few things still left on the want list, but my need list is empty. 
If 2019 was this good, I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings!!! It’s going to be a good one!
Happy New Year to all of you and thank you for being a part of my amazing 2019!
Peggy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marcie and Bracklen - an inspiration and proof that most people are good!

Gray Hairs & Love

What do you want for Grove?